Staff accountants must possess strong time management and analytical skills, attention to detail, and solid communication abilities. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Strong technology skills are critical, particularly expertise with Microsoft Excel.
Typical duties of a staff accountant
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Maintaining general ledger charts of accounts
- Assisting with initial internal control evaluations
- Posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
Robert Half are experts in finding temporary accountants.